More in the mall | Coeur d’Alene Press
This weekend, Black Sheep Sporting Goods opened in the former Penney Space at Silver Lake Mall, which the Knoll family now owns.
Along with shopping for Christmas, Black Sheep has clothing, gifts, camping gear, and toys. Gradually moving from its location near Costco off the Government Way, fishing products will move in January and hunting products in February and March, when it will close there.
Owners Dave and Barb Knoll launched Black Sheep in 1975 in the old location behind the At Home store off the United States, which they still use. It is closed during the move and will reopen in the spring.
The opening hours of the new store are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday. Brian Knoll is the General Manager and Brandon Kron is the Senior Store Manager. Call 208-667-7831. Check BlackSheepIdaho.com.
Opening of the Black Lodge brewery in the city center
Offering plenty of beverage and food choices, a micro-brewery and tap house Black Lodge Brewing plans to open at 206 N. Third St.
Owners Josh and Ginger Cantamessa will have 12 taps, local ciders, seltzer, wine, deli sandwiches, soups and revolving salads with seating for 24 at five tables and 15 at the art-deco-inspired bar. .
The location was previously Thrux Lawrence (leather manufacturing) and Bulwark Barber Shop. Hours will be 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday through Sunday. Call 208-640-6298. Check out blacklodgebrewingco.com.
HeatPraxia offers sauna baths
With six traditional saunas and a cold plunge pool, HeatPraxia opens downtown at 404 E. Sherman Ave.
With healing benefits, tranquility and relaxation with special opening offers, the saunas are each made with different wood species in a private booth. Five can accommodate two or three people, and one can accommodate up to seven people. The cold dive is kept at 40 degrees and continuously filtered and actively refrigerated.
Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday (closed Saturday). The owners are Joe Cruz, Steve Simar and Sam Rogers, and Heather Gallegos is the General Manager. Call 208-278-8203. Visit heatpraxia.com.
Faithful K9 Trainer offers daycare
With training, daycare, boarding and grooming, Faithful K9 Trainer opened at 460 W. Clayton Ave., west of US 95.
Owner Richard Alaniz is an AKC Certified Trainer and Evaluator and the Northwest Representative for Canines With A Cause, a non-profit organization that provides certified service dogs to veterans.
Hours of operation are 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. daily with lunch and a dog nap from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Call 208-667-6700. Visit www.faithfulk9trainer.com.
Now the Tidbits
- Breaking Bread Bistro will be where Davis Donuts was at Fourth Street and Best Avenue.
- Valley Roots is new at 1001 Spokane St. in Post Falls.
- A building permit for the old Shopko building called “Sportsman & Ski”.
- HDR Engineering leased premises from Riverstone.
- The Prairie Xpress gas station and convenience store will be located at the northwest corner of Prairie Avenue and Government Way.
- A sign on the south side of Fifth Avenue at the Sherman intersection reads “Best Life CdA Coming Soon”. An insurance company?
- A sign on Wayne Drive in Hayden reads “Future home of Blue Chip Chiropractic”.
- Northwest Specialty Hospital is expanding to 1551 E. Mullan Ave., Post Falls.
- The Open Arms Real Choices Clinic will be relocating from 1800 Lincoln Way to 8056 N. Wayne Drive in Hayden.
- Metro Express Car Wash is building a new large space in the northwest corner of Highway 41 and I-90.
- Lone Mountain Farms & Brewery will have a new niche in the development of the Lancaster market at US 95 and Lancaster Road.
- Consign Furniture has a “coming soon” sign southwest of the US 95-Lancaster Road intersection.
- The Renew Aesthetics & IV Hydration Bar will be relocating from 515 Fourth St. to 1101 W. Ironwood Drive in January.
- An express outdoor car wash is under construction in the 3400 block of Seltice in Post Falls.
- Thermography Northwest opens at 2775 N. Howard St.
- The Rebel Junk Shoppe at 2424 N. Fourth St. will be expanded to become a street side location.
- Bruchi Quick Service Restaurant is planned in a new building north of the corner of Highway 41 and Mullan Avenue.
- The new Dairy Queen at 513 W. Hayden Ave., just west of US 95, will open in December.
- The old Ugly Fish restaurant building will be a Berkshire Hathaway Realty in Riverstone.
- Watch for the construction of the Vantage Point Brewery across from Michael D’s Eatery on Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive.
- Pedego electric bikes arrive at Riverstone.
- Kaffee Meister will be at 9212 Government Way.
- A Sweet Lou’s restaurant and a Grease Monkey car park will be at the crossroads in Athol.
- The Gathered Restaurant is new on Spokane Street in Post Falls.
- The Lucille building under construction at 2605 N. Fourth St. will have five commercial suites.
- The TownePlace Suites by Marriott will be built at the location of the Outback Steakhouse, at the southeast corner of I-90 and Northwest Boulevard.
- Several steel storage buildings will be constructed at 3758 W. Hanley Ave., off Atlas Road, for Hern Ironworks.
- New locations coming to Silver Lake Mall include Nailed It, Customs Laser Engraving, All Fired Up, Crime Scene Entertainment, and American Heritage.
- A Sarah Hamilton FACE spot will be at 2120 Northwest Blvd.
- A new commercial and residential building will be constructed at Government Way and Davidson Avenue.
- Watch for major changes with the Burger Bunker and Bunker Bar on Spokane Street in Post Falls.
- A new building for Linden Coffee Co. is under construction at 1502 N. Third St.
- A new gas station will be located in the northeast corner of Atlas in Seltice.
- We have rumors of new Costcos in Hayden and State Line and of a Trader Joe’s in Coeur d’Alene. We’ll see.
- A large storage complex and a new headquarters for Steel Structures of America are under construction next to Highway 41.
- The Den will be a new tavern at 761 N. Idaho St., Post Falls.
- My Nails & Spa will be on Canfield Avenue.
- The CD’A Corner Store adds kitchen and dining to the city center.
- Takara restaurant will be in the city center.
- Schmidty’s Burgers will be at 1524 E. Sherman Ave.
- Napa Auto & Truck is building a new location in Rathdrum.
- Coeur d’Alene Nissan will have a major addition to its building off the US 95.
- Watch for a new apartment building at 128 W. Neider Ave., across from Safeway.
- The Mountain Goat Lounge is under construction and is connected to the downtown Moose Lounge.
- The Lake Coeur d’Alene Inn is under construction on Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive between Mullan Avenue and Michael D’s Eatery.
- Check your vehicle’s lights. Too many are missing, even a lighthouse. And turn them on when it’s dusk. It is especially difficult to see white, gray or black cars at dusk.
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at [email protected]