Save time, save money, at Athol
The grand opening was held Saturday for Dollar General of Idaho in Athol at a new building north of Highway 54 next to the old US 95.
A combination grocery store and convenience store, Dollar General has more than 17,600 stores nationwide; Hawaii, Montana and Alaska are the only states without stores.
The website is dollargeneral.com.
Lakeside Lox at The Plaza Shops
New York-style bagels and bagel sandwiches are featured at Lakeside Lox in the Plaza Shops at 210 E. Sherman Ave.
Made from scratch, the menu includes many breakfast and lunch items and a full espresso menu from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. daily. Order food on the go while shopping downtown or sitting in the Plaza Shops.
The director is Christi Schindler and the chef is Casey Fassler. Call the Resort Concierge at 208-765-2300, Ext. 21.
Opening of the European Wax Center in Hayden
Shameless confidence in revealing your beautiful skin is offered at 273 W. Prairie Shopping Center in Hayden.
Licensed professional wax specialists perform facial and full body hair removal services with skin care products. The owners are Tami and Dave Cavanaugh. They are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays, from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
European Wax Center has more than 800 centers in the country. Call locally at 208-518-0400. Check waxcenter.com.
Ultimate Concrete Coatings opens in Rathdrum
A new Ultimate Concrete Coatings showroom and design center is located at 7946 W. Fourth St., Rathdrum
Owners Rick and Stacey Curson offer decorative concrete coatings including color flake systems, polishing, micro-trims, overlay systems, concrete leveling, staining and garage storage solutions, including including cabinet and luggage rack systems.
Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and Saturdays by appointment. Phone 208-277-6313. Visit ultimateconcretecoatings.com.
Now the Tidbits
- Heart of Hope Health is now on Hess Street in Hayden. Details here soon.
- The companies that will occupy the new Lucille building at 2605 N. Fourth St. are Northwest Construction Management, Align Yoga Studio, Refined Salon and Stylus Wine & Vinyl Bar.
- Watch for The Manna Shop at 510 Sherman (the former Christmas At the Lake place).
- Post Falls RV Campground is under construction at 70 W. Cabelas Way between Cabela’s Store and State Line Walmart at The Pointe at Post Falls.
- Many of the 16 lots are available in the future Prairie Crossing Mall at the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
- A hamburger restaurant and cosmetics salon will be located in the new building at Fourth and Lakeside.
- A new building for Etco Services is under construction off Huetter north of Seltice and I-90
- The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave.
- Breaking Bread Bistro will be where Davis Donuts was at fourth and best.
- Watch out for a place called Pearl & Tin.
- A sign on Wayne Drive in Hayden reads “Future home of Blue Chip Chiropractic”.
- The Open Arms Real Choices Clinic will move from 1800 Lincoln Way to 8056 N. Wayne in Hayden.
- Metro Express Car Wash is building a large new location at the northwest corner of Highway 41 and I-90.
- The Mill will be a four-storey mixed-use building at Government Way and Mill Avenue with businesses on the ground floor and 43 apartments above.
- Consign Furniture has a “coming soon” sign southwest of the US 95-Lancaster Road intersection.
- An express outdoor car wash is being built in the 3400 block of Seltice in Post Falls.
- Major changes are coming to the Greenbriar Inn & 315 Kitchen under new ownership at 315 Wallace Ave.
- The Rebel Junk Shoppe at 2424 N. Fourth St. will be expanded to a streetside location.
- Cornerstone, a four-story commercial and residential building, is under construction in Riverstone.
- Bruchi’s quick service restaurant is planned for a new building north of the corner of Highway 41 and Mullan Avenue.
- The former Ugly Fish restaurant building will be a Berkshire Hathaway Realty in Riverstone.
- Watch for the construction of the Vantage Point Brewery across from Michael D’s Eatery on Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive.
- A Sweet Lou’s restaurant and a Grease Monkey parking spot will be at the Crossings in Athol.
- CdA Kids Dental will be at 1341 N. Northwood Center Court.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotel is being built where the Outback Steakhouse used to be, at the southeast corner of I-90 and Northwest Boulevard.
- Several steel storage buildings will be constructed at 3758 W. Hanley Ave., off Atlas Road, for Hern Ironworks.
- A Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop will move into the old Chipotle Mexican Grill building at 305 W. Appleway.
- A Sarah Hamilton FACE seat will be at 2120 Northwest Blvd.
- A new commercial and residential building, Midtown Center, is under construction at 821 N. Fourth St.
- Watch for major changes with the Burger Bunker and Bunker Bar on Spokane Street in Post Falls.
- Watch for a new Numerica complex at 1250 Ironwood.
- The Stylus Wine & Vinyl Bar will be at 2605 N. Fourth St.
- A large storage complex and new headquarters for Steel Structures of America is being built near Highway 41.
- The Den will be a new tavern at 761 N. Idaho St. in Post Falls.
- My Nails & Spa will be on Canfield Avenue.
- The CD’A Corner Store adds a kitchen and tables downtown.
- Coeur d’Alene Nissan will have a major addition to its building off US 95.
- The Mountain Goat Lounge is under construction and is connected to the downtown Moose Lounge.
- The Post Falls Pavilion food court will be near the intersection of Highway 41 and Horsehaven.
- Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at [email protected]